Missing 3-year-old autistic girl found
HALIFAX COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities in Halifax County have located a missing 3-year-old autistic girl.
Major Mike Casey of the Halifax County Sheriff's Office said April Eubanks had been missing since 9:30 a.m. Friday.
Eubanks, who does not live in Halifax, was attending a family reunion on North Dobbs Street when she wandered off.
The Halifax County Sheriff's Office, local firefighters and volunteers on ATVs and on foot searchied the area near Andrew Jackson School for the girl.
They later located the 3-year-old around 2 p.m. along the banks of the Roanoke River.
Halifax is about seven miles southeast of Roanoke Rapids.
halifax county, local/state
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- North Carolina Senate rolls out budget plan
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos