Missing Kinston mom's car found
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police have taken over the case of a missing Kinston mother who was last seen in the capital city last week and say her car has been found.
Authorities say 27-year-old Laura Jean Ackerson was last seen on the night of July 13. Ackerson was in Wilson for a business trip, before heading to Raleigh.
Police are calling the mother of two's disappearance suspicious, because she has no prior history of disappearing and has a close relationship with her kids.
Ackerson's brother told ABC11 Tuesday that he's very concerned.
"I hope that she comes back safely and, you know, just want to have a quick ending to this," said Jason Ackerman. "She tries to see them as often as possible. Something's happened to her, I think."
Ackerson is described as a white woman with long brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen inside her 2006 white 4-door Ford Focus with the North Carolina license tag number ZTL-7433. Police said the car was located near 5400 Summit Manor Lane in Raleigh Wednesday morning.
Raleigh Police Department spokesperson Jim Sughrue said detectives have not uncovered any evidence showing foul play is involved in Ackerson's disappearance.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Raleigh CrimeStoppers tip line at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, local/state
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Southern Pines officer remembered
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday' arrests?
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges