Teens drown on fishing trip
ROANOKE RAPIDS (WTVD) -- The Halifax County Sheriff's Office says two teens have drowned on a fishing trip at Roanoke Rapids Lake.
The bodies of 18-year-old Trelvin Marquez Daniels and 17-year-old Tashun Lagerus Tillery were found in the Thelma Bridge area around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Deputies said the pair left for the lake around 10 p.m. Tuesday to catch catfish. They were reported missing by their families around midnight.
Officers found the teen's car parked at Thelma Bridge and a fishing rod, a bucket, and keys to the car were found in an area under the bridge.
Local volunteer dive teams began a search of the water and the bodies were found by a member of the Littleton Fire Department dive team.
Deputies said the investigation remains open, but it appears there was no foul play.
halifax county, drowning, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins 5 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay 34 min ago
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- US 321 to remain open during Memorial Day weekend
- NBC's Brian Williams addresses Elon Class of '13
- Ohio kidnap case hero not endorsing free burgers
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing