Rielle Hunter wants Youngs held in contempt
CHAPEL HILL (WTVD) -- Lawyers for Rielle Hunter have filed court papers asking a judge to hold former John Edwards aide Andrew Young and his wife in contempt of court.
The documents obtained Thursday by ABC11 say the Youngs shared confidential information from a deposition given by John Edwards with federal prosecutors in violation of a court order.
"Defendants and their counsel showed contempt of this court because court had emphatically warned them to comply with its orders," reads the motion.
The motion asks for a hearing on the issue later this month.
Hunter is suing the Youngs over the ownership of a video purportedly showing her and Edwards having sex.
Hunter worked as a videographer for Edwards' presidential campaign. He initially denied an affair and later denied fathering a child with Hunter. He has since admitted to both.
Edwards has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges he violated campaign finance laws while trying to cover up the affair.
Edwards testified in a February deposition in the sex tape case. Superior Court Judge Carl Fox ordered that his answers be kept sealed.
The case has been put on hold while the criminal case against Edwards moves forward.
In a court filing obtained by ABC11, Edwards said answering questions under oath would violate his Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate himself.
andrew young, john edwards, rielle hunter, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn 7 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63 38 min ago
- NCCU new head football coach named 25 min ago
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- NCCU new head football coach named
24 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help