Man arrested for allegedly shooting, killing teen
SANFORD, NC (WTVD) -- Authorities have charged a man in connection with the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old boy in Sanford.
The shooting happened around 8 p.m. Tuesday at a home on Magnolia Street.
Authorities say 15-year-old Larod McKoy was shot in the head and then taken to the hospital in a private vehicle. The teen later died at Central Carolina Hospital.
Detectives say the incident apparently stemmed from an argument two days before involving two groups of young men that escalated into Tuesday night's shooting.
They haven't said if McKoy was armed, the intended target, or even just an innocent bystander.
Following his death, authorities arrested 24-year-old Le'Quan Jackie Gill and charged him with murder.
He is currently in the Lee County Jail without bond.
lee county, shooting, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help