Peace College to admit men, change name
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Peace College announced Thursday that it will change its name and admit men to its day, undergraduate courses for the first time in its 154-year history.
The school will become William Peace University and will begin admitting men in the fall of 2012.
"Becoming William Peace University reflects our growth as an institution and will deepen and broaden our ability to help our students succeed," said Beth Cherry, Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees in a statement.
Peace currently admits men to the William Peace School of Professional Studies, and its program for students pursuing degrees through evening and online courses.
Peace was founded in 1857 as Peace Institute, offering education for girls and women from kindergarten to college.
It later became a two-year college offering associate's degrees before becoming a four-year school in the early 1990s.
wake county, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 27 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Russia, Crimean politicians discuss referendum 23 min ago
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help