Gun battle leads to accident at Durham strip mall
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Authorities say a gun battle led a car to crash into an internet café at a Durham strip mall Saturday.
Durham police say two men were shooting at each other in the North Duke Crossing parking lot, when another car swerved to avoid gunfire.
The vehicle ended up crashing into an internet café near the parking lot. The people inside the car were transported to Durham Regional Hospital with minor injuries.
Authorities say stray bullets hit two parked cars and the window at a nearby business, but no one was hurt.
Police are currently searching for 21-year-old Holly Martez Lyons. Warrants have been taken out charging him with assault with a deadly weapon and going armed to the terror of the public.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Investigator Roberts at (919) 560-4910, ext. 29284 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
durham county, durham police, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 40 min ago
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea 47 min ago
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast 11 min ago
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her