Police: Mom went to club, left 3-year-old home
ROCKY MOUNT (WTVD) -- A Rocky Mount woman is charged with child abuse after police say she went to a nightclub and left her son at home alone.
An officer, who was patrolling North Raleigh Street, found a 3-year-old boy wandering a store parking lot. After officers canvassed the area for the child's parent, officers found a friend of the child's family who provided a contact number for the boy's mother, Nicole Jones.
Police learned Jones was at an area nightclub and left her child unattended at her residence.
Jones was charged with misdemeanor child abuse, resisting a public officer and driving with a revoked license. She was held on a $6,000 bond.
The Edgecombe County Department of Social Services placed the child with a family member.
edgecombe county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash