Police: Mom went to club, left 3-year-old home
ROCKY MOUNT (WTVD) -- A Rocky Mount woman is charged with child abuse after police say she went to a nightclub and left her son at home alone.
An officer, who was patrolling North Raleigh Street, found a 3-year-old boy wandering a store parking lot. After officers canvassed the area for the child's parent, officers found a friend of the child's family who provided a contact number for the boy's mother, Nicole Jones.
Police learned Jones was at an area nightclub and left her child unattended at her residence.
Jones was charged with misdemeanor child abuse, resisting a public officer and driving with a revoked license. She was held on a $6,000 bond.
The Edgecombe County Department of Social Services placed the child with a family member.
edgecombe county, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday 4 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
32 min ago
- McCrory signs repeal of Racial Justice Act
24 min ago
- Website mocks 'Moral Monday' protests
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos