Two police cars involved in chase, crash
SANFORD (WTVD) -- Two Sanford police officers were involved in a chase and crash Wednesday evening.
Police are questioning three suspects, two males and a female, but are releasing few details.
The chase began about 8 p.m. on Hawkins Street when officers tried to stop a silver SUV. The SUV took off and the chase headed up U.S. 1 towards Moncure, but doubled back down into Sanford.
It ended at the intersection of Charlotte Avenue and 9th Street around 8:30 p.m. Two squad cars were damaged in the wreck, along with the suspects' SUV.
No injuries were reported.
Police aren't saying what caused the wreck or how the two police cars were involved.
Sanford police say they will release more details about the incident Thursday.
lee county, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Former teacher faces charges
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation