Small plane crashes in Onslow County
ONSLOW COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities with the Onslow County Sheriff's Office are investigating a report of a plane crash on White Oak River Road.
They say they received a report about a downed plane Wednesday morning.
According to authorities, the pilot attempted to take off on a long private driveway when the home-built single engine plane crashed. The pilot sustained minor injuries.
The Pegazair 100 plane is registered to Robert W. Evans Sr. of White Oak River Road, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.
The Onslow County Sheriff Department is currently investigating.
onslow county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials