UNC committee meets to start AD search
CHAPEL HILL -- The search committee that is looking for UNC-Chapel Hill's next athletic director met for the first time Friday.
The committee, which consists of 13 members, will assist Chancellor Holden Thorp in finding a replacement for Dick Baddour. Baddour announced his resignation last month, following the firing of head football coach Butch Davis.
Baddour will step down after UNC appears before a NCAA infractions committee in October.
The new AD must be in place in time to hire a new football coach. Davis was fired amid a NCAA investigation into improper benefits and academic misconduct.
A new coach would have to be hired in time for the new staff to recruit before national signing day in February.
Committee chairman Lowry Caudill says there is no deadline and that UNC must conduct a thorough, national search for Baddour's successor.
nccu football, local/state
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Crawleigh's I-440 lane closures got off to a rough start
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help