Two found dead in Chatham home
CHAPEL HILL (WTVD) -- The Chatham County Sheriff's Department says it's investigating the deaths of a couple in a north Chatham home.
The bodies of Earl Lee Edwards, 65, and his wife Minnie Edwards, 67, were found in their home at 370 Joe's Drive, Chapel Hill.
Investigators said the two had been married for more than 40 years.
"It appears Mr. Edwards took his own life with a firearm after ending the life of his wife," said Major Gary Blankenship of the Chatham County Sheriff's Office. "At this point, we have no reason to believe this case is anything but a murder suicide."
The couple was last seen on Sunday afternoon at church.
chatham county, homicide, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos