I-40 to begin nighttime closures
Starting Tuesday night, parts of Interstate 40 will be closed.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation will begin working on I-40 between Airport Boulevard and N.C. 55 starting Tuesday at 9 p.m. until 6 a.m., weather permitting.
Officials say temporary traffic stoppages will occur between midnight and 5 a.m. for up to an hour at a time.
The lane closures allow crews to install overhead signs as a part of the Triangle Parkway project and should be complete by Sept. 16.
For more information about the project, which is a section of the Triangle Expressway toll road, visit: www.ncturnpike.org.
Updated travel information is available by calling 511 or online at www.ncdot.gov/travel.
i40, 540 triangle expressway, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day 54 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- How safe are North Caroilna bridges?
- Family continues to experience miracles
- Admitting gay boy scouts could have repercussions
- NC State beats Miami 7-1 in ACC tournament 37 min ago
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches
- Fayetteville man indicted on sex charges with minors
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Volunteers place flags for Memorial Day
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse
- Armed Forces Salute: Laura Kerns
54 min ago
- Travelers hit the road for Memorial Day...
56 min ago