Two charged with giving alcohol to teens
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Officers with Cumberland ABC Law Enforcement have charged two people with providing alcohol to underage teenagers over the Labor Day weekend.
Authorities arrested 22-year-old Amber Mueller and 21-year-old Terryn Kickery Friday night after officers found a large group of underage partygoers drinking at a house party in the 600 block of Tamarack Drive.
They cited 17 people with underage possession/consumption of alcohol and charged Mueller and Kickery with 16 counts each of aiding and abetting underage possession of alcohol.
Fayetteville Police also arrested 19-year-old Jeremy Mueller, who had an outstanding warrant for arrest in connection with a second-degree trespassing incident on July 30.
According to ABC Law Enforcement Assistant Chief Rick Libero, local law enforcement agencies are addressing the problem of underage drinking. "It is important that not only are the attendees charged, but that the persons hosting the parties and providing the alcohol to underage kids are held responsible," he said.
If you witness an alcohol violation, or would like to make a complaint about underage drinking, you can call (910) 484-8167. You can also leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
ABC Law Enforcement is part of the Cumberland County ABC Board.
cumberland county, local/state
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gov. McCrory makes major announcements 1 min ago
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited