Judge lowers Abaroa's bond to $3M
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A Durham man accused of killing his pregnant wife will remain in jail.
Tuesday Raven Abaroa asked a judge to reduce his $5 million bond to $500,000. Instead, the judge lowered his bond to $3 million.
Investigators say Abaroa stabbed his wife, Janet Abaroa, to death in March 2005.
Raven denies the murder charges against him, saying a new expert witness for his case contradicts SBI test results that claim blood stains were found on his shirt.
durham county, homicide, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62 40 min ago
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75