Police say remains found by greenway are human
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police said Wednesday that remains found in a wooded area near Hodges Street and Atlantic Avenue are human.
Raleigh Police Department spokesperson Jim Sughrue said the remains would be taken to the N.C. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Chapel Hill for identification and further investigation.
He said no cause of death had been established.
The remains were found near the Crabtree Creek Trail Tuesday evening. Video from the scene showed officers putting up crime tape and guarding the area.
raleigh police, wake county, local/state
- Three arrested in murder of north Raleigh mom
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
- Doctors struggle to save boy's hands
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- Coach K returning to US men's team
- Garcia makes fried chicken remark about Tiger
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16? 59 min ago
- Family continues to experience miracles
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire