Police say remains found by greenway are human
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police said Wednesday that remains found in a wooded area near Hodges Street and Atlantic Avenue are human.
Raleigh Police Department spokesperson Jim Sughrue said the remains would be taken to the N.C. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Chapel Hill for identification and further investigation.
He said no cause of death had been established.
The remains were found near the Crabtree Creek Trail Tuesday evening. Video from the scene showed officers putting up crime tape and guarding the area.
raleigh police, wake county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help