Police say remains found by greenway are human
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police said Wednesday that remains found in a wooded area near Hodges Street and Atlantic Avenue are human.
Raleigh Police Department spokesperson Jim Sughrue said the remains would be taken to the N.C. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Chapel Hill for identification and further investigation.
He said no cause of death had been established.
The remains were found near the Crabtree Creek Trail Tuesday evening. Video from the scene showed officers putting up crime tape and guarding the area.
raleigh police, wake county, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 28 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina 38 min ago
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help