NCDOT to do away with 400 positions
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Department of Transportation is doing away with hundreds of positions.
The department announced Monday that due to budget cuts and "the changing world in which we live," 400 positions would be eliminated.
They said in coming weeks, executive leaders and business unit managers would discuss which positions would be part of the Reduction in Force (RIF) plan.
NCDOT said they would be notifying employees as soon as they determine which positions would no longer exist.
Employees who are part of the RIF will be asked to attend meetings with executive leadership, their unit head, and Human Resources staff over the next couple of weeks.
- Two dead in Wendell home 26 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 3 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged 40 min ago
- Residents told of arsenic in water 2 min ago
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection 20 min ago
- New Scrabble words sought 59 min ago
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Driver trapped after hitting tractor trailer
- Community comes together to fight for...
2 min ago