Tractor trailer collides with car, bridge on I-40
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- A tractor trailer crashed into a bridge along I-40 Tuesday afternoon after sideswiping a car.
The accident happened just after noon near exit 287 and Harrison Avenue.
Witnesses said a tractor trailer sideswiped a gold Honda Civic and another truck while trying to avoid an accident.
The 18-wheeler then collided with the Harrison Avenue bridge and finally came to a rest under the bridge's abutment.
It is unclear if anyone was injured in the accident.
The far right two lanes of I-40 westbound had to be shutdown as authorities worked to clear the scene.
Further details have not been released at this time.
wake county, i40, accident, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches