Man charged with stabbing girlfriend 39 times
ROCKY MOUNT (WTVD) -- A Raleigh woman is praying for her sister's recovery.
Holly Anderson says her sister Amber was stabbed 39 times Monday morning at their family home in Rocky Mount.
"I was holding her," Anderson said. "She kept on saying, 'Don't let me die. Don't let me die.'"
Anderson recalled the horrifying moment where she didn't know if her sister, her best friend, was going to live or die.
"She said she was scared, that's why she didn't break it off with him," Anderson added.
Detectives believe Keith Burston stabbed Amber. The two were in a relationship.
"When this happened, he came in with a key," Anderson recalled. "He didn't have permission, and we were asleep. I was awoken by a call for help."
The family has lived in fear because Burston was on the loose since the stabbing. He was arrested Thursday evening.
Anderson has a plea for any woman or man in a violent relationship.
"If there are any women out there in a domestic relationship, get out," she warned. "Get out of it. There is help."
Burston is facing several charges including assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
Amber remains hospitalized and her condition is stable. Her family says she has a long road to recovery.
edgecombe county, nash county, stabbing, local/state, kelli o'hara
- Tractor trailer collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- After nearly 30 years, Camp Lejeune coming clean
- Landing gear issue leads to plane's belly landing
- Rumor: Beyonce pregnant?
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville 34 min ago
- Raleigh holds annual backyard chicken coops tour
- NC beach town celebrates 50th anniversary
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners 54 min ago
- Will Boy Scouts accept gay youth? Vote is imminent
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos