Police: Pedestrian walked into I-40 traffic
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Authorities said a pedestrian who was hit and killed on I-40 early Friday morning walked out in front of traffic.
Alice Terry of Durham was struck and killed near the Lake Wheeler Road exit just before 1:30 a.m.
According to the accident report, Terry was arguing with a friend as they were driving west on I-40. Her friend then pulled over on the side of the road and Terry got out of the car.
The report stated that Terry walked around the back of her friend's car and began crossing the roadway when she was struck by another car.
Police said the driver of that car won't be charged, because the 22-year-old woman walked out in front of traffic.
All lanes of I-40 westbound were temporarily closed near mile marker 297 while authorities cleared the scene.
wake county, i40, accident, local/state
- Powerball players check their tickets 19 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos