Man charged in freeway shooting
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police say they've arrested a man wanted since this spring in a fatal shooting on the Durham Freeway.
James Eric Downey, 24, of Marne Avenue is charged with murder.
Terry Percell Green, 22, of 1835 Cheek Road turned himself in May 23.
Both men are accused in the shooting death of 26-year-old Demario Eugene Carr on the northbound side of the freeway near Roxboro Street March 21.
According to Durham Police, Carr was a passenger in a car on the freeway when shots were fired into it from another moving vehicle.
Carr was rushed to the hospital where he later died.
Police have given no motive for the incident.
durham county, shooting, hwy 147, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- How safe are North Caroilna bridges?
- Family continues to experience miracles
- Admitting gay boy scouts could have repercussions
- NC State beats Miami 7-1 in ACC tournament 58 min ago
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches
- Fayetteville man indicted on sex charges with minors
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Volunteers place flags for Memorial Day
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse