Man charged in freeway shooting
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police say they've arrested a man wanted since this spring in a fatal shooting on the Durham Freeway.
James Eric Downey, 24, of Marne Avenue is charged with murder.
Terry Percell Green, 22, of 1835 Cheek Road turned himself in May 23.
Both men are accused in the shooting death of 26-year-old Demario Eugene Carr on the northbound side of the freeway near Roxboro Street March 21.
According to Durham Police, Carr was a passenger in a car on the freeway when shots were fired into it from another moving vehicle.
Carr was rushed to the hospital where he later died.
Police have given no motive for the incident.
durham county, shooting, hwy 147, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help