Police: Drunk driver hits patrol car
WILSON -- Wilson Police are investigating a head-on crash involving a squad car.
A Wilson police officer was hurt when a drunk driver swerved into her lane hitting the officer's patrol car Tuesday night.
It happened shortly after midnight on Ward Boulevard and Tilghman Road.
No serious injuries were reported, although Officer Kolly Burritt and the driver, Kenneth Ray Boykin, were both taken to Wilson Medical Center after being seen walking around after the crash.
Boykin is charged with driving while impaired, failure to have a driver's license, failure to have insurance and driving left of the center line.
wilson county, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide