Young boy struck by a car in Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham Police say a 10-year-old boy was riding a scooter on Chapel Hill Road, when a car struck him and kept going.
It happened around 11:45 a.m. Sunday.
The boy was taken to the hospital with cuts and injuries to one of his legs.
An eyewitness followed the driver and police caught the suspect a short time later on Palmer Street.
Authorities say the driver is facing several charges including hit and run.
durham county, durham police, accident, local/state
- Dozens march in vigil for Jesus Huerta 4 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 41 min ago
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards 34 min ago
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway 34 min ago
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- NCCU new head football coach named
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Could Becoats' future be in jeopardy?
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help