Dogs discovered abandoned, covered in filth
ROCKY MOUNT, NC (WTVD) -- Officials are trying to find the people responsible for two dogs that were found abandoned and covered in filth in Rocky Mount.
"The level of neglect this dog has experienced is absolutely horrific," explained Kim Alboum with the Humane Society.
Rescuers got the call on Saturday about the dogs that were neglected, malnourished, and covered with hair so filthy that it was weighing them down.
The dogs that rescuers named Marley and Charlie are doing better now and the filthy hair has been shaved off. Rescuers can only speculate where they came from.
"We do see animals like this, but they're in hoarding conditions or puppy mills. But they could have just been with a family that couldn't have taken care of them too," Alboum explained.
Alboum said what's troubling is the Humane Society is seeing cases like this one more and more.
The Humane Society is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to an arrest in this case.
And if you want to help Charlie and Marley or other dogs like them at the SPCA Alliance of NC you can send donations to: SPCA Alliance of NC, 2455 Hurt Drive, Rocky Mount, NC 27804.
edgecombe county, nash county, local/state, kelli o'hara
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Southern Pines officer remembered
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday' arrests?
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos