Toll transponders go on sale Tuesday
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Electronic passes for the new Triangle Expressway toll road go on sale Tuesday.
The N.C. Department of Transportation and the N.C. Turnpike Authority say drivers who buy the transponders for their vehicles will save up to 35 percent on toll fees.
The new road - set to open in December - will not have traditional tollbooths. Instead, high speed cameras will record license plates and drivers will get a bill.
The NC Quick Pass transponders will be available at www.myncquickpass.com or by visiting the NC Quick Pass Customer Service Center at 200 Sorrell Grove Church Road, Suite A, Morrisville.
For more information about the toll road and expected completion dates, visit: www.ncturnpike.org.
540 triangle expressway, wake county, durham county, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 13 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 9 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store 13 min ago
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants