Fired RPD detective sues chief, city
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The Raleigh Police Department Union is accusing Police Chief Harry Dolan of unfair treatment.
The allegations stem from the firing of a detective earlier this year after allegations of having sex with a prostitute and inappropriate relations with a woman who is living in the country illegally.
On Wednesday, Rick Armstrong filed a lawsuit against Chief Dolan and the city.
Armstrong, the former president of the Raleigh Police Protective Association, said he was unfairly targeted by Chief Dolan because of his position with the union - which stands up for officers.
Armstrong also said the woman named Flor Flores was someone he and his wife befriended. He said she started making up stories to appease authorities and to protect her family when she was interrogated by immigrations officials."We do know she initially denied engaging in any sexual activity, which is the truth but at some point, I suspect after several hours, she started saying I did have sexual encounters," Armstrong said. "By the end of the interview, Ms. Flores said that every time I came over she and I engaged in some sort of sexual activity. That is not true, and I've never done anything inappropriate with Ms. Flores."
"We've had to go through a lot and I know that he didn't do anything wrong. Otherwise, I wouldn't be standing here," Armstrong's wife Nancy Armstrong said.
ABC11 reached out to the Raleigh Police Department for a response.
"It would be inappropriate for me to comment on personnel matters or pending litigation. I am confident the City Attorney's Office will review the filing made today and will take appropriate action," said Chief Dolan in a statement.
raleigh police, local/state, shae crisson
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 9 min ago
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 22 min ago
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide