Bank robber caught on NC State's campus
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- North Carolina State University found itself involved in a robbery arrest Friday.
A suspect involved in a bank robbery at the Capital Bank in the 2100 block of Clark Avenue was apprehended on the campus around 10:30 a.m. No one was hurt.
Thirty-six year old Corey Eric Sterling of Sugar Hollow Ln., Wake Forest is charged with common law robbery.
A police spokesperson said Sterling handed a note to a teller damanding money.
N.C. State spokesman Keith Nichols said that the university was not put on lockdown mode, despite circulations on social media sites that it was.
wake county, bank robbery, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2 51 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help