Medical chopper responds to severe accident
WILSON COUNTY (WTVD) -- An air ambulance landed on Interstate 95 Monday morning after a vehicle ran off road and hit trees in Wilson County.
The accident happened just after 11 a.m. near mile marker 112.
Authorities said a BMW with Florida tags towing a U-Haul trailer rear-ended a stopped semi-truck. Two people were taken to the hospital. The extent of their injures are unknown at this time.
Further details have not been released.
Southbound lanes of I-95 between exit 116 and exit 107 had to be closed while officials cleared the scene.
accident, wilson county, local/state
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County 14 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting 56 min ago
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Powerball jackpot closing in on another record
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Obama's Morehouse visit shines spotlight on HBCUs 22 min ago
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Will Boy Scouts accept gay youth? Vote is imminent
- After nearly 30 years, Camp Lejeune coming clean
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos