Medical chopper responds to severe accident
WILSON COUNTY (WTVD) -- An air ambulance landed on Interstate 95 Monday morning after a vehicle ran off road and hit trees in Wilson County.
The accident happened just after 11 a.m. near mile marker 112.
Authorities said a BMW with Florida tags towing a U-Haul trailer rear-ended a stopped semi-truck. Two people were taken to the hospital. The extent of their injures are unknown at this time.
Further details have not been released.
Southbound lanes of I-95 between exit 116 and exit 107 had to be closed while officials cleared the scene.
accident, wilson county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials