Mangum pleads for reduced bond
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Former Duke Lacrosse accuser Crystal Mangum pleaded with a judge Tuesday to reduce her bond so she can spend time with her children.
Mangum is charged with murder in the stabbing death of boyfriend Reginald Daye, 46, back in April.
Police say she stabbed Daye during an argument. He died in a Durham hospital about 10 days later.
An autopsy says a knife punctured his left lung and damaged his diaphragm, stomach, colon, left kidney and spleen.
Mangum's bond is set at $200,000. Her attorney told a judge Tuesday that her children are not allowed to visit her in jail.
The judge declined to lower Mangum's bond, but said he would revisit it later.
The 32-year-old Mangum falsely accused members of the Duke University lacrosse team of rape in 2006, and the district attorney who championed her case was later disbarred.
durham county, durham police, duke lacrosse, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives 24 min ago
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes 14 min ago
- High School coach arrested on sex charge 13 min ago
- Video: Gov. McCrory weighs in on state budget,... 8 min ago
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire 53 min ago
- Video: 'Valor Games' begin in Triangle
- Two cleared, others charged in murder
- Kieran Shanahan on leave from law firm
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- AP Source: Jordan changing team name to Hornets
- Gov. McCrory weighs in on state budget,...
8 min ago
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
19 min ago
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornados
12 min ago