Mangum pleads for reduced bond
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Former Duke Lacrosse accuser Crystal Mangum pleaded with a judge Tuesday to reduce her bond so she can spend time with her children.
Mangum is charged with murder in the stabbing death of boyfriend Reginald Daye, 46, back in April.
Police say she stabbed Daye during an argument. He died in a Durham hospital about 10 days later.
An autopsy says a knife punctured his left lung and damaged his diaphragm, stomach, colon, left kidney and spleen.
Mangum's bond is set at $200,000. Her attorney told a judge Tuesday that her children are not allowed to visit her in jail.
The judge declined to lower Mangum's bond, but said he would revisit it later.
The 32-year-old Mangum falsely accused members of the Duke University lacrosse team of rape in 2006, and the district attorney who championed her case was later disbarred.
durham county, durham police, duke lacrosse, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 8 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry 38 min ago
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 31 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 53 min ago
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 53 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect 52 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC 38 min ago
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Teacher resignations up significantly in...
7 min ago
- I-Team: Neighborhood lobbies for speed humps
48 min ago