One $245 million Powerball ticket sold
DES MOINES, Iowa - November 3, 2011 -- Millions of tickets sold for last night's Powerball game, but only one matched all six numbers correctly.
The ticket -- worth $245 million -- was sold in Connecticut, one of the 33 states and territories where Powerball is played.
The twice-weekly game's jackpot had gone without a top winner since September 14th, growing with each rollover. As a result of last night's win, Saturday's jackpot now resets to $20 million.
Starting in mid-January, Powerball is being restructured to make it slightly easier to win, but ticket prices are going to rise from one to two dollars. Initial jackpots will also start at $40 million, instead of $20 million.
The winning numbers were: 12-14-34-39-46, Powerball: 36, Power Play: 4
powerball, lottery, connecticut, local/state
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency 31 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car 27 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2 15 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
abc11.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help