South Elgin High School briefly put on lockdown
November 4, 2011 (CHICAGO) -- South Elgin High School was placed on lockdown Friday morning while police searched the school following the report of an armed, intoxicated individual on the premise.
The report was unfounded, officials said, and turned up no individual or gun. The lockdown was lifted after a thorough search. There was no disruption, U46 School District officials said, and things are back to normal.
When a lockdown is called, students remain in the classrooms.
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 50 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton 26 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 18 min ago
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 38 min ago
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem 12 min ago
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Whoopi Goldberg writes Denver Post cannabis column
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born near Philadelphia