One woman killed, another injured in shooting
WILSON (WTVD) -- Authorities in Wilson are investigating a shooting that killed one woman and injured another.
The incident happened just after 11:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of Wilson Street in Wilson.
When police arrived to the scene, they found 20-year-old Shikia Denise Hall and 19-year-old Shadimond Littleton suffering from gunshot wounds.
Hall dead at the scene and Littleton was transported to Pitt Memorial Hospital and is in critical condition.
A third woman was also inside the car, but was not injured. Her name has not been released.
All three women were sitting inside a 1997 White Ford Crown Victoria when someone fired shots at them.
Police said it is unclear who shot at them and why, but they did point out that the shots came from outside the car and that the women were not shooting at each other.
Further details about the incident have not been released.
wilson county, shooting, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches