UNC student accused in Apex bank robbery arrested
APEX (WTVD) -- Police say a UNC student accused of robbing a bank in Apex turned himself into authorities in New Jersey late Saturday.
Atlantic City police say they picked up 22-year-old Gordon Goodwin, around 9:30 p.m., in the lobby of the Borgata Casino Hotel and Spa.
Detectives say Goodwin walked into the SunTrust Bank in the Kroger grocery store at 940 US Highway 64 on November 7 and handed a teller a note demanding money.
Goodwin had been on the run since the robber happened.
Apex police said they plan to contact the Wake County District Attorney’s office first thing Monday morning to discuss the case.
No further details have been released.
Authorities won’t say how or when Goodwin will be brought back to North Carolina.
wake county, bank robbery, local/state
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover 7 min ago
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary