Gun stolen from a state trooper's cruiser
CARY (WTVD) -- Authorities are searching for the person or people responsible for stealing a gun from a state trooper's cruiser.
The Beretta shotgun was taken sometime within the last week.
ABC11 has learned that the Cary Police Department received a call Friday from a trooper who lives in Cary that the shotgun was taken from the trunk of his car.
Officials said troopers rarely use their shotguns, but the weapon would be used if there were something like a manhunt or another intense operation.
The Highway Patrol Internal affairs office will be investigating and a report for the missing gun will go to the SBI.
wake county, nc highway patrol, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 8 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 8 min ago
- Whoopi Goldberg writes Denver Post cannabis column
- Doomed ferry's sharp turn, slow evacuation probed
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born near Philadelphia
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards