Durham woman and toddler critically injured
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A Durham woman and her three-year-old daughter suffered critical injuries when they were hit by a truck Monday afternoon.
It happened shortly after noon on South Alston Avenue. Police said 25-year-old Davonna Wilkins was struck by a truck when chasing after her daughter Shanelle Biddle who had run into the street. Both mother and daughter were taken to Duke University Hospital for treatment.
The Ford F150 truck was driven by 63-year-old John Henry Parker of Hillsborough. Police said speed and alcohol were not factors in the accident and no charges have been filed against Parker. The accident remains under investigation.
durham county, accident, local/state
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars 53 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge 57 min ago
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke 25 min ago
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school...
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
25 min ago
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
51 min ago
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help