Durham woman and toddler critically injured
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A Durham woman and her three-year-old daughter suffered critical injuries when they were hit by a truck Monday afternoon.
It happened shortly after noon on South Alston Avenue. Police said 25-year-old Davonna Wilkins was struck by a truck when chasing after her daughter Shanelle Biddle who had run into the street. Both mother and daughter were taken to Duke University Hospital for treatment.
The Ford F150 truck was driven by 63-year-old John Henry Parker of Hillsborough. Police said speed and alcohol were not factors in the accident and no charges have been filed against Parker. The accident remains under investigation.
durham county, accident, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham 12 min ago
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole 21 min ago
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in...
10 min ago
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car...
21 min ago