UNC student accused in bank robbery arrested again
APEX (WTVD) -- Police say a UNC student accused of robbing a bank in Apex has been arrested again in connection with another bank robbery.
The Wake County Jail said Gordon Goodwin was taken in to custody around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.
His arrest stems from common law robbery charges in connection with a Nov. 3 robbery at a SunTrust Bank in Youngsville.
Authorities in Franklin County said they had been searching for Goodwin after they compared their robbery surveillance photos with surveillance photos of a Nov. 7 robbery at a SunTrust branch inside a Kroger grocery in Apex.
Detectives said Goodwin walked into the bank on Nov. 7 and handed a teller a note demanding money. The robber in Youngsville had a similar note with the same instructions.
Atlantic City police picked up the 22-year-old in the lobby of the Borgata Casino Hotel and Spa on Nov.11. He was later transported back to North Carolina, where he was released on bond.
wake county, bank robbery, local/state
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 5 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help