Police investigating serial lodging robberies
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Authorities in Raleigh are investigating several armed robberies at hotels and motels in the last five days.
Raleigh Police Department Director of Public Affairs Jim Sughrue said three of the robberies happened the day after Thanksgiving, and that detectives believe some or all of the crimes are related.
The first one happened on Friday just before 1 a.m. at the Comfort Suites on Capital Boulevard. Hours later around 5:30 a.m. the Sheraton on S. Salisbury Street was robbed, followed by the Red Roof Inn on S. Saunders Street 20 minutes later.
Days earlier, a Wingate Inn, Comfort Inn and Rodeway Inn were also robbed.
Authorities said in each case, the suspect was described as a slender white man who stood between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall. Typically, the suspect's face was masked, often by a white or light colored cloth. The suspect has displayed or implied he had a weapon during the crimes.
Police said due to the similarity of the suspect's description and clothing, it is believed the man who robbed the Wingate Inn on Nov. 22, was also responsible for a hotel robbery committed in Cary on Nov. 23.
Two motel robberies reported this week in Garner may also be related.
Anyone who believes they may have information that would assist the investigation of the cases is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 3 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help