Wake County checkpoint nets 99 citations
The Wake County Sheriff's Office set up a multi-agency checking station at Glenwood Avenue and T.W. Alexander Drive Friday night.
Apex, Cary, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Morrisville, Raleigh, Wendell, and Zebulon police departments all took part in the checkpoint, as well as N.C. State University Police, the N.C. Highway Patrol, and RDU Airport Police.
Law enforcement officials made 13 driving while impaired arrests. In addition, 34 drivers were cited for not having a license, while 12 were driving with a revoked license. Officials also charged six people with misdemeanor drug violations and two with felony offenses.
In total, police issued 99 citations at the checking station.
wake county, nc highway patrol, raleigh police, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help