Wake County checkpoint nets 99 citations
The Wake County Sheriff's Office set up a multi-agency checking station at Glenwood Avenue and T.W. Alexander Drive Friday night.
Apex, Cary, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Morrisville, Raleigh, Wendell, and Zebulon police departments all took part in the checkpoint, as well as N.C. State University Police, the N.C. Highway Patrol, and RDU Airport Police.
Law enforcement officials made 13 driving while impaired arrests. In addition, 34 drivers were cited for not having a license, while 12 were driving with a revoked license. Officials also charged six people with misdemeanor drug violations and two with felony offenses.
In total, police issued 99 citations at the checking station.
wake county, nc highway patrol, raleigh police, local/state
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured 48 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets 43 min ago
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
43 min ago
- Alliance says Raleigh downtown has lot to...
46 min ago