Wake County checkpoint nets 99 citations
The Wake County Sheriff's Office set up a multi-agency checking station at Glenwood Avenue and T.W. Alexander Drive Friday night.
Apex, Cary, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Morrisville, Raleigh, Wendell, and Zebulon police departments all took part in the checkpoint, as well as N.C. State University Police, the N.C. Highway Patrol, and RDU Airport Police.
Law enforcement officials made 13 driving while impaired arrests. In addition, 34 drivers were cited for not having a license, while 12 were driving with a revoked license. Officials also charged six people with misdemeanor drug violations and two with felony offenses.
In total, police issued 99 citations at the checking station.
wake county, nc highway patrol, raleigh police, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos