Toll road opens
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Following a ribbon cutting Thursday morning, drivers began trying out the first 3.5-mile section of Triangle Expressway toll highway.
The first toll road in the state, it runs from Interstate 40 and the Durham Freeway south to Highway 540 between Highways 54 and 55.
For now, the road will be free until January before drivers will have to pay.
Phase two of the project will run from Highway 55 all the way to U.S. 64. It will open in August. At that point, the toll will extend from Highway 54 all the way to Apex.
For information about the Triangle Parkway visit: http://www.ncdot.gov/projects/triangleexpressway/triangleparkway.html.
For more information on how to get a NC Quick Pass for tolls, visit: www.myncquickpass.com
durham county, wake county, transportation, 540 triangle expressway, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers 19 min ago
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help