Ft. Bragg family robbed of everything
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A family known in the Ft. Bragg community for giving of themselves has been a victim of a grinch just two weeks away from Christmas.
The Jacobson family says they came home Friday night to find their home ransacked after burglars broke in and made off with some of the family's prized possessions.
Some of the items that were missing included computers, televisions and their autistic son's Playstation. When Army SSG Patrick Jacobson went in his bedroom he noticed a safe was missing with family momentos and $1,000 cash inside, money that he had saved to visit his other children in N.Y.
"He worked hard. He sold his truck to get that money. And he gets to see them twice a year and - that's the most upsetting part," his wife Shannon Jacobson said.
In just two months SSG Jacobson will be deployed to Afghanistan. He was hoping to spend part of the holiday season with his other children before he leaves. Now he is not sure what will happen.
"Now that that's gone, it's heartbreaking, actually. Because I've got three little boys who may not get to see their dad before he deploys," SSG Jacobson said.
The Jacobson family was once the focus of ABC11's Armed Forces Salute, recognized for volunteering over 4,000 hours at their children's school.
Most recently, 12-year-old Tatianna Young showed up Wednesday at the ABC 11 Heart of Carolina Food Drive with $20 of her birthday money to donate to those in need.
Now the family is left with little to speak of.
"Everything [is] gone... We're just left with nothing but a mess," SSG Jacobson said.
Anyone who would like to help the Jacobson family can contact Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
cumberland county, fort bragg, robbery, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help