Woman charged in fatal wreck
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Thirty-two-year-old Dewahn Ahmad Tyler was killed after an early Sunday morning crash at the intersection of Lynn and Lead Mine roads in Raleigh.
The accident happened just before 1 a.m.
Police said Tyler was driving eastbound on Lynn Road when he was hit by 20-year-old Elizabeth Lorene Stevens of Raleigh. Stevens was driving her 2004 Jeep SUV southbound on Lead Mine Road.
Tyler was taken to WakeMed where he later died from his injuries. Stevens was also taken to WakeMed and was treated for non-life threatening injuries. After being released from WakeMed, she was taken to the Wake County Jail.
Stevens, who turned 21 on Monday, faces DWI charges and underage driving while impaired.
The accident closed both roads down to traffic for over an hour and both have since been reopened.
Investigators are interested in speaking with anyone who may have seen the crash and are asking them to call (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, accident, raleigh police, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats 3 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week 28 min ago
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter 57 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche 18 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 13 min ago
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up