Woman charged in fatal wreck
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Thirty-two-year-old Dewahn Ahmad Tyler was killed after an early Sunday morning crash at the intersection of Lynn and Lead Mine roads in Raleigh.
The accident happened just before 1 a.m.
Police said Tyler was driving eastbound on Lynn Road when he was hit by 20-year-old Elizabeth Lorene Stevens of Raleigh. Stevens was driving her 2004 Jeep SUV southbound on Lead Mine Road.
Tyler was taken to WakeMed where he later died from his injuries. Stevens was also taken to WakeMed and was treated for non-life threatening injuries. After being released from WakeMed, she was taken to the Wake County Jail.
Stevens, who turned 21 on Monday, faces DWI charges and underage driving while impaired.
The accident closed both roads down to traffic for over an hour and both have since been reopened.
Investigators are interested in speaking with anyone who may have seen the crash and are asking them to call (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, accident, raleigh police, local/state
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Photos: 9 bizarre air travel mishaps of 2013
- State gives OK for possum drop celebration in NC 43 min ago
- San Francisco transit, union leaders reach deal
- Target offers apology discount this weekend
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AAA Carolinas expects record travel by Tar Heels
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help