Soldiers, airmen return to NC in time for holidays
POPE ARMY FIELD (WTVD) -- Hundreds of Fort Bragg soldiers who've spent the past seven months in Iraq are back on American soil.
Planes carrying the 82nd Airborne Paratroopers touched down at Pope Field around 10:20 p.m.
The group arriving Tuesday night is officially the last brigade to return home from Baghdad.
Meanwhile, at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, dozens of airmen who served in the War in Afghanistan are back home in time for the holidays.
Several F-15 fighter jets, all members of the 335th and 336th Fighter Wing, touched down Tuesday afternoon. The jets were carrying home pilots that had been deployed to Afghanistan.
Wednesday, 45 additional airmen will return from Afghanistan.
fort bragg, seymour johnson air force base, local/state, greg barnes
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 23 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county 16 min ago
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum 12 min ago
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Possible CO poisoning at Carrboro post office
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help