Suspect shot, killed during Henderson home invasion
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Vance County Sheriff's Department is investigating an apparent shooting that happened Thursday, that is reportedly the result of a home invasion.
Chopper 11 HD flew over the scene at a home on Lynnbank Road in Henderson.
A family member of two teens who live at the house says a 14-year-old boy and his 17-year-old sister were home alone Thursday morning when someone broke into the home through the back door.
Someone at the home confirmed a shooting took place, and Vance County officials say the suspect was killed.
The relative says the boy took steps to "protect his sister," but neither of the teens were injured.
The family member says she heard there was a second person involved and that as far as they knew, that person was still on the loose.
shooting, vance county, local/state, alina machado
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder 12 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Tar Heels beat Hurricanes 10-0 in ACC tournament
- Senate Republicans move NC budget to House
- Raleigh names new interim city manager
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease