Suspect shot, killed during Henderson home invasion
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Vance County Sheriff's Department is investigating an apparent shooting that happened Thursday, that is reportedly the result of a home invasion.
Chopper 11 HD flew over the scene at a home on Lynnbank Road in Henderson.
A family member of two teens who live at the house says a 14-year-old boy and his 17-year-old sister were home alone Thursday morning when someone broke into the home through the back door.
Someone at the home confirmed a shooting took place, and Vance County officials say the suspect was killed.
The relative says the boy took steps to "protect his sister," but neither of the teens were injured.
The family member says she heard there was a second person involved and that as far as they knew, that person was still on the loose.
shooting, vance county, local/state, alina machado
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Target offers apology discount this weekend 38 min ago
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AAA Carolinas expects record travel by Tar Heels 33 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help