Firefighters called to Henderson manufacturing plant
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Firefighters were called to a glass manufacturing plant in Henderson Saturday morning.
The company off Facet Road has furnaces used to melt glass-making materials, and officials say about 350 yards of molten glass leaked out of one of those furnaces.
There was never a fire, but firefighters worked to keep the melted glass from damaging steel beams that support the building.
No injuries were reported.
vance county, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County
- Graco adds more than 403,000 child seats to recall
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son 7 min ago