Firefighters called to Henderson manufacturing plant
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Firefighters were called to a glass manufacturing plant in Henderson Saturday morning.
The company off Facet Road has furnaces used to melt glass-making materials, and officials say about 350 yards of molten glass leaked out of one of those furnaces.
There was never a fire, but firefighters worked to keep the melted glass from damaging steel beams that support the building.
No injuries were reported.
vance county, local/state
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 58 min ago
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Couple charged after meth lab found in home 1 min ago
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft