Firefighters called to Henderson manufacturing plant
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Firefighters were called to a glass manufacturing plant in Henderson Saturday morning.
The company off Facet Road has furnaces used to melt glass-making materials, and officials say about 350 yards of molten glass leaked out of one of those furnaces.
There was never a fire, but firefighters worked to keep the melted glass from damaging steel beams that support the building.
No injuries were reported.
vance county, local/state
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- San Francisco transit, union leaders reach deal 42 min ago
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Target offers apology discount this weekend
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AAA Carolinas expects record travel by Tar Heels
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 36 min ago
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help