Phones in lavatory leads to flight diversion to RDU
RALEIGH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- A plane was diverted to Raleigh Durham International Airport Tuesday evening after someone left two phones in the plane's bathroom.
It happened on American Eagle flight 4624 from Nashville to LaGuardia around 8:45 p.m.
Officials said, at first, no one claimed the phones so the pilot diverted the flight. Later, a passenger did claim the phones. That person was detained and was questioned by the FBI and TSA. The TSA says the passenger needed medical attention due to his/her behavior.
The flight was resumed a short time later.
There's no word on the passenger's identity.
raleigh durham airport, local/state, fred shropshire
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers 47 min ago
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 11 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 6 min ago
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 20 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help