Phones in lavatory leads to flight diversion to RDU
RALEIGH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- A plane was diverted to Raleigh Durham International Airport Tuesday evening after someone left two phones in the plane's bathroom.
It happened on American Eagle flight 4624 from Nashville to LaGuardia around 8:45 p.m.
Officials said, at first, no one claimed the phones so the pilot diverted the flight. Later, a passenger did claim the phones. That person was detained and was questioned by the FBI and TSA. The TSA says the passenger needed medical attention due to his/her behavior.
The flight was resumed a short time later.
There's no word on the passenger's identity.
raleigh durham airport, local/state, fred shropshire
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- abcnews: First lady makes light of husband's failures
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank