Former ABC11 reporter dies
DURHAM (WTVD) -- ABC11 was saddened to hear Wednesday that former reporter Ken Ward has suddenly died.
According to WSOC-TV in Charlotte, the 44-year-old passed away of unknown causes.
Ward left ABC11 in 2008. Until recently, he was working at WSOC in Charlotte, but had recently accepted a position with the ABC station in Tampa.
According to a short bio Ken wrote for us during his tenure here, he actually began his career in journalism as a teacher. For several years, he taught television and radio at Ossining High School in New York. From there, he branched out into the world of radio news working as an on-air reporter and then moved on to television.
Ward leaves behind a wife and son.
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 21 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help