Former ABC11 reporter dies
DURHAM (WTVD) -- ABC11 was saddened to hear Wednesday that former reporter Ken Ward has suddenly died.
According to WSOC-TV in Charlotte, the 44-year-old passed away of unknown causes.
Ward left ABC11 in 2008. Until recently, he was working at WSOC in Charlotte, but had recently accepted a position with the ABC station in Tampa.
According to a short bio Ken wrote for us during his tenure here, he actually began his career in journalism as a teacher. For several years, he taught television and radio at Ossining High School in New York. From there, he branched out into the world of radio news working as an on-air reporter and then moved on to television.
Ward leaves behind a wife and son.
- Two dead in Wendell home
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Residents told of arsenic in water 37 min ago
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 40 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection 57 min ago
- New Scrabble words sought
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Money Saver: Best and worst buys in March
5 min ago
- Residents told of arsenic in water
35 min ago
- Community comes together to fight for...
39 min ago