Body found behind shopping center
ABERDEEN, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities have identified the body of a man found in a wooded area Thursday.
The Aberdeen Police Department said Derek Robinson's remains were discovered just before 10 a.m. near Columbus Drive between the Hampton Inn and the Aberdeen Pines Shopping Center.
Fayetteville Police Departments K-9 units helped local authorities find his body.
Robinson was last seen on Dec. 16 and was later reported missing.
Details about his death have not been released, but police said foul play was not suspected.
His body has been sent to the North Carolina Medical Examiner's office for autopsy.
moore county, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help