Pair charged in fatal home invasion robbery
CLINTON, NC (WTVD) -- Sampson County deputies have charged a man and a woman in a home invasion and murder early Thursday.
According to a news release, Gary Lee West Jr. was found dead in the yard of his home on Bill Town Road around 2:30 a.m.
Now, Terrill Dewight Wells, 28, of Teachey, is charged with murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, possession of cocaine and possession of heroin.
Jennifer Lynn Norris, 20, of Wallace, is charged with accessory after the fact to a murder and heroin possession.
Investigators said the two were seen in a vehicle leaving the area after the murder.
sampson county, homicide, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide 34 min ago
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Residents concerned about coal ash in Kerr Lake
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition