Pair charged in fatal home invasion robbery
CLINTON, NC (WTVD) -- Sampson County deputies have charged a man and a woman in a home invasion and murder early Thursday.
According to a news release, Gary Lee West Jr. was found dead in the yard of his home on Bill Town Road around 2:30 a.m.
Now, Terrill Dewight Wells, 28, of Teachey, is charged with murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, possession of cocaine and possession of heroin.
Jennifer Lynn Norris, 20, of Wallace, is charged with accessory after the fact to a murder and heroin possession.
Investigators said the two were seen in a vehicle leaving the area after the murder.
sampson county, homicide, local/state
- At least 51 dead, 120 hurt in Okla. tornado 28 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial
- Video: Blood drive held to honor injured trooper
- Broyhill indicted in Hahn murder
- Contractor accused by homeowners
- Video: ABC11, food bank work to 'Stop Summer Hunger'
- Cooper wants to keep control of SBI
- Criminal trial set to begin for Ex-NC Rep. LaRoque