Pair charged in fatal home invasion robbery
CLINTON, NC (WTVD) -- Sampson County deputies have charged a man and a woman in a home invasion and murder early Thursday.
According to a news release, Gary Lee West Jr. was found dead in the yard of his home on Bill Town Road around 2:30 a.m.
Now, Terrill Dewight Wells, 28, of Teachey, is charged with murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon, attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon, possession of cocaine and possession of heroin.
Jennifer Lynn Norris, 20, of Wallace, is charged with accessory after the fact to a murder and heroin possession.
Investigators said the two were seen in a vehicle leaving the area after the murder.
sampson county, homicide, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 2 min ago
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75