Bond doubled for HS student charged in DWI wreck
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The 16-year-old driver involved in a crash that killed his high school classmate went before a judge Monday.
Sixteen-year-old Garrett Prince, accused of driving drunk and killing a fellow Millbrook High School student, remained locked-up Monday at the Wake County Jail.
Meanwhile, Alcohol Law Enforcement agents are trying to figure out who supplied the teen with alcohol.
ALE officers said it is too early to know exactly how the 16 year old and possibly other underage teens were given the alcohol.
Police said Prince and 17-year-old Elizabeth Molloy were leaving a party early Saturday morning when he lost control of his Jeep on Rainwater Road in North Raleigh.
Officers said Prince was going at least 75 miles per hour in a 30 mph residential zone.
Molloy died instantly.
Prince hobbled into court on Monday, cut and bruised and on crutches, to face a judge.
He faces felony death by motor vehicle, careless and reckless driving, speeding, possession of marijuana, and having an open container of liquor.
The judge doubled Prince's bond to $50,000.
He and Molloy's classmates arrived at Millbrook High School Monday morning for the first classes held since the accident.
Students were met by grief counselors and attended a student-led prayer vigil and were surrounded by balloons and messages in Molloy's favorite color: pink.
And many Millbrook High School students wore pink on Monday to honor Molloy.
A visitation will be held for Molloy Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Brown Wynne Funeral Home in Raleigh.
Her funeral is scheduled for 11 a.m. Wednesday at Saint Raphael Catholic Church on Falls of Neuse Road.
Prince is due back in court Jan. 30.
wake county, accident, 911 call, local/state, joel brown
- Two dead in Wendell home 51 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Residents told of arsenic in water 25 min ago
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 28 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection 45 min ago
- New Scrabble words sought
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Driver trapped after hitting tractor trailer
- Residents told of arsenic in water
23 min ago
- Community comes together to fight for...
27 min ago