Witness describes accident scene where teen died
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Friends and family gathered Tuesday evening to remember a teen killed in a weekend suspected drunk-driving accident.
Visitation for Elizabeth Molloy was held after the alleged driver in the crash - 16-year-old Garrett Prince - made his second court appearance in as many days. This time it was for a probation violation. He was serving 18 months probation for breaking and entering and allegedly broke it over the weekend when police say he lost control of his SUV and crashed into a tree in north Raleigh off Rainwater Road and Bellechase Drive.
Seventeen-year-old Molloy died in the wreck. Prince is charged with her death and is accused of driving drunk with open liquor and marijuana in the car.
The man whose yard was the scene of the crash told ABC that he saw investigators removing open bottles of wine in and around the car after the crash.
"They went through the vehicle taking things out like a pocketbook or grocery bag," said John Dew. "They sat it down on the street and took pictures of the bottles they got out of the bag."
Meanwhile, Molloy's classmates say the hallways of Millbrook High School have been silent the past two days. A funeral was set for Wednesday.
wake county, accident, 911 call, local/state, fred shropshire
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos